Northern Ridge District
Expert Series: Spring Recruiting
Camping Opportunities with Steve Tipton
Change is on the way...
Don't forget to fill out the survey
Where is Roundtable???
Northern Ridge District Roundtable
Thursday, March 15th, 7-9pm
Alpharetta First United Methodist Church, 59 North Main Street, Alpharetta, GA, United States
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
7:40-8:30: Breakouts/Main Session
- Den Leaders - Planning for Day/Resident Camp & summer program
- Cubmaster/Pack Committee - Parent involvement, Moving up
- Boy Scout - What do you have planned for the summer?
- Venturing/Sea Scout - Combined with Boy Scout
- Big Rock - Spring Recruiting/Camping Opportunities
All of these are meant to be a starting point for conversations. Do you have a topic that needs to be addressed? Do you have an issue in your pack that you would like some help with? Attend and ask, we are here to help!!
What's happening Next Month?
- No Breakouts
Big Rock -
- Expert Series: Youth Protection and Liability. Stump the chump...
What is Roundtable anyway?
- A program forum for leaders to exchange ideas, solve problems and share successes.
- A program to help you and your leaders be better leaders and mentors.
- A program that leads to new discoveries and adventures for your Scouts to enjoy.
- A program to provide you with resources, recognition and opportunities for networking.
- A program that helps share new, creative and innovative Ideas for your unit.
- A program led with information, fun, inspiration, demonstrations, displays, action, training, beneficial information, learning and enthusiasm.
- A program that will help you and your unit achieve success in all that you do.
Who should attend?
>>All Program Leaders<<
Cubmasters &Assistant Cubmasters
Den leaders & Assistant Den Leaders
Pack Committee Members
Scoutmasters & Assistant Scoutmasters
Troop Committee Members
Venturing Advisers & Assistant Advisers
District Committee Members
Supplemental Training Instructors
All interested Scout Parents
Why should I attend Roundtable?
To be better informed
Learn about upcoming opportunities and activities in your scouting community.
To have a more rewarding Scouting program
Gain new insight and ideas that will help you as you plan your programs.
To network with other unit leaders
Meet other unit leaders from your district and gain new insight and skills from them.
To be more productive and prepared
Roundtable breakout sessions will teach you new ways and ideas to help you plan your meetings.
To learn and practice new skills
Practice your new concepts and skills before presenting them to your scouts.
To feel more confident
Roundtable will improve your confidence as you keep up-to-date with current Scouting issues and and improvements to the Scouting program.
Northern Ridge Round Table Staff
- Come teach a skill for a particular group
- Lead a session
- ideas welcome
New Webelos Den Leader?
Come find out what to expect as you rise from a Bear to a Webelos Den Leader
Remind you of your den?
Come and learn some techniques that may help you rein in the craziness.
CPR Training School
American Heart Association
(One of two recognized by BSA) Guide to Safe Scouting
BLS/CPR for the Heath Care ProviderCPR & AED for the Professional Rescuer
First Aid Certification
Cost: $39 per participant (BSA Price)
College Football Hall of Fame
- 2018 Course #1: 3/16-18 & 4/13-15: Bert Adams
- 2018 Course #2: 8/24-26 & 9/14-16: Woodruff
- 2018 Course #3: 9/28-30 & 10/19-21: Woodruff
A $50 deposit reserves your spot on the course you select. Full payment is due 30 days prior to the start of the course. The first 48 fully paid participants in each course are guaranteed their spots.
The estimated fee for the weekend courses is $230. Meals during the first weekend will be prepared and served by volunteers. Food for the second weekend will be brought, prepared and served by you and your team.
Each course offers additional Wood Badge memorabilia that can be ordered during the course.